Compounding Pharmacy in India
What Is a Compounding Pharmacy?
Compounding… A Precise and Careful Process.Until the 20th century, all pharmacies were compounding pharmacies, meaning they combined one or more active ingredients into a customized treatment for an individual patient’s needs. Today, very few pharmacies provide this type of personalized service.
Belle Sante Pharma is a compounding pharmacy dedicated to providing high-quality bioidentical hormone therapies. As a compounding pharmacy, Belle Sante Pharma formulates combinations of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, as prescribed by a healthcare practitioner, into specific dosage forms such as capsules, creams, gels, tablets, lozenges, suppositories and other forms.
Benefits of working with a compounding pharmacy include:
1. Healthcare practitioners can prescribe medication specific to their patient’s individual needs instead of only having access to standardized, commercially available dosages, strengths and forms.
2. Patients are less likely to experience side effects if their prescriptions can be tailored to their specific needs.
3. Healthcare practitioners can more easily fine-tune or modify the dose or prescription as an individual’s needs change, or match an individual’s preferences and absorption abilities.
4. Compounded prescriptions can be customized to different formulations that may be more efficient or easier to administer. For example, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the compounding pharmacist may be able to formulate the medication as a cream or gel.
5. Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for convenience and to ensure better patient compliance.
6. Preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions can be compounded for sensitive patients.
7. Flavoring can be added to make drops and lozenges more palatable, if desired.
8. Compounding pharmacies (and pharmacists) adhere to standards and regulations set by the U.S. Pharmacopeia, National Association of Boards and State Boards of Pharmacy for quality assurance and accuracy. Belle Sante Pharma is meticulous in meeting the industry’s highest quality standards of compounded medicatio
Belle Sante has one of the first compounding pharmacy in India. It is a full-service pharmacy dedicated to the preparation of compounded medications.
Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing customized medications for patients. Its practice dates back to the origins of pharmacy, yet the presence of compounding throughout the pharmacy profession has changed over the years. In the 1930s and 1940s, approximately 60% of all medications were compounded.
With the advent of drug manufacturing in the 1950s and 1960s, compounding rapidly declined. The pharmacist’s role as a maker of medications quickly changed to that of a dispenser of manufactured dosage forms. It was during this time that patients and physician became dissatisfied with the “one size fits all” attitude of the large Pharma companies. Physicians searching for drugs to treat their patients, lead to the reawakening of the ancient art of prescription compounding.
Within the last two decades, though, compounding has experienced resurgence, as modern technology and innovative techniques and research have allowed more pharmacists to customize medications to meet specific patient needs.
Today many pharmacists specialize in the ancient art of pharmaceutical compounding. In 2006 over 30 million compounded prescriptions were dispensed not counting all the admixtures and injectable drugs compounded in America’s hospitals. There are now more than 1,500 compounding pharmacists throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe and New Zealand. About 43,000 compounded prescriptions are dispensed daily, with about 3,500 doctors taking advantage of this in the United States and Australia.
The key to successful bioidentical hormone therapy is that it is individualized to each patient’s symptoms and needs. These do not follow the general rules of one-size-fits-all but based on the experience and knowledge of the pharmacist. A qualified compounding pharmacy needs to have the best products that are tested, with the most knowledgeable pharmacists and a staff that provides superior customer service.
The most common bioidentical hormones are estrogens and progesterone’s designed to relieve the symptoms of menopause and hormonal imbalances and compounding pharmacies are the source of these hormones. Compounding pharmacies make these hormones from ingredients that come from plants such as yams.
Benefits of Compounding Pharmacy:
Avoidance of dyes, preservative, fillers
Palatable liquid medications
Administrable dosage forms
Avoidance of side effects
Dose, dosage form, or medication not commercially available
Combination or sustained release therapy to improve compliance
Cost effective therapy
Please take a few moments to read our procedures so that you may fully understand the services offered by our Pharmacy.
10 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (IST); Monday through Saturday
2nd and 4th Saturdays and all Sundays are holiday
Your licensed practitioner/ Physician / Doctor may phone in your new prescription order(s) by speaking directly to a pharmacist/ Customer Service Centre or leaving the prescription order over telephone followed by Fax.A new prescription order may be mailed /faxed to Belle Sante Pharma Bangalore, while mailing/faxing in a prescription order, please provide the following information – please print clearly.
ADDRESS (Street, City, and PIN Code)
DATE OF BIRTH
After receiving your initial prescription, we recommend that you reorder your prescription at least seven (10) working days prior to needing your medication. Doing this may prevent an unnecessary lapse in your therapy. Please quote your Customer ID and your Doctor name while ordering the refill.
You may reorder your prescription by using any one of the methods shown below. Please note that orders for more than a one month supply will require payment at the time of order.
• Customer Service: +91 80 41680063
• Call our office prescription refill line.
To expedite your order, please have your prescription number and MasterCard or Visa credit card number available.
• Prescription Fax Line: +91 80 25292759
Fax to our 24-hour fax line.
• Online Prescription Refills at our secured website: www.bellesante.in
• Email: email@example.com
When orders are received, we make every effort to process them within three working days. Orders are then shipped by TNT / DTDC with Courier tracking number.An electronic notification and SMS will be sent at the time of shipping to your email id / Mobile. According to the TNT / DTDC delivery should be within 2-3 days. If you are not able to receive your consignment please report to our Customer Service Center at Bangalore.
If you require a faster delivery method, we offer other expedited services, such as Express Service. If expedited services are desired, please make that request when you place your order. The expedited shipping charge will be reflected on your invoice.
INVOICE – PAYMENT
An invoice is included with your order. All invoices must be paid in full before your next order is processed. Payment is due upon receipt.
Payments can be made in several convenient ways:
• Call +91 80 41680063
• for our Billing Department to pay by cheque / Demand draft or VISA or MasterCard. At your request, we can keep your credit card on file for future payment(s).
• Mail your payment (credit card information or check) with the invoice stub in the “gray” envelope provided with the prescription.
Belle Sante Diagnostic and Therapeutic Instt
# 294 3rd floor, 6th Main HAL 2nd Stage, Indiranagar,